Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I've been RAK-ed ... Twice! :)

I cannot find the words to explain how happy I am to have received two wonderful gifts from two extraordinary ladies I've met in "Cyberland" :D. They don't know it but I am going through some very difficult times right now so their generosity meant so much much more than they probably imagined.

Just to explain my 'whereabouts' - my Mum is having a very advanced skin cancer in her right eye (orbital tumour) and she's scheduled for surgery on September 1st. The surgery is a difficult one (having her orbit/orbital bones taken out and then reconstructed) and my Mum is very weak and we don't know if she'll get through it OK. Even the anesthesia might be too much for the state she's in [have you ever seen those photos from the concentration camps? :( ].

So I am worried sick just looking at her in pain and seing how feeble she is. I can't stop thinking that there are 50-50 chances I might not see her again alive after September 1st. And so on...

But to return to happier subjects :)

  • Last Friday I received the first gift. It came from Karin - Thank you so very very much!
A lovely card holding numerous stampprints (there's a whole lot more hidden under the visible ones in the photo) and also some Prima (I guess) flowers which I forgot to photograph :(
It was very thoughtful of Karin to send the prints. She heard me saying that I don't have any "people" stamps/prints and she immediately send me a whole bunch of them.

Over the weekend I used one of the prints and Karin's new sketch to produce this:


It's a very FREE interpretation of Karin's original idea/sketch but I hope she will forgive me :)

  • The other great gift (RAK) I've got yesterday morning (Monday) was from Melissa.
[We found ourselves "partners" in an August Fun RAK organized by Jen :)]

Melissa got me speechless with the awesome stuff she sent:


First there is an adorable "girlfriend" card with Bella prints and scalloped ovals - Great stuff for me, right what I needed!

Then there is a set of cards which I cannot even begin to describe. They are fantastic and I keep taking them out and admiring them and touching them :D. The stamping and colouring is beautiful and the embossing on each card matches perfectly the stamped image. A real treasure and inspiration for a beginner like me.
But they certainly are a treasure for anyone.


My photos are not very good and if you want to see Melissa's great cards in 'original' :), have a look at her blog.

I didn't have the time to try the Bella prints but they are first thing on my list - love that gal! :-D
Thank you Melissa from the bottom of my heart!


Now that you've all seen what a lucky ducky I was, I will say "Good bye" and wish you all a perfect Tuesday and week ahead.

6 comments:

2 Worlds said...

Wow look at you with all that Bellas and Magnolias.

MelissaS said...

I'm so happy that you enjoyed my little RAK! My best to you and your family as you go through this difficult time.

Risa said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom Mada! God knows that you have to be on "pins and needles" right now. Both you and your mom are in my prayers!

Risa said...

Oh wow.....look at your goodies...they are awesome!!!! What a blessing to wake up to happy mail, it makes your whole day so much brighter!!!
The card you made with the images is very pretty Mada! You did a great job coloring and the DP is terrific!
Take care and hang in there!
hugs
risa:)

Karin said...

Hi Mada,

I'm glad you liked my little present.

Your card looks fabulous. Love the design papers and your coloring is great.

My thoughts are with you, and I hope all goes well.

Very big hugs,
xoxo karin

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

What lovely goodies you received, Mada! The card you made is so cheerful, love it!

I hope all goes well with your Mum. You and your mum will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Tracey