Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dutch Dare Challenge #12 - Card for a girl

For this week, the lovely ladies at Dutch Dare - Card Challenges asked us to make a card for a girl.
You should go and have a look at the DT creations, they are all awesome!


For my card I used a Magnolia stamp print [Thank you again and again Karin!] and a layout from Becky Fleck - the generous lady who keeps the Page Maps site. [I didn't respect the layout 100%]


Backing papers are from Joanna Sheen and Dovecraft (the Fantasy designer paper pack). I've punched the flowers from Mulberry paper and I think they look pretty nice when you don't have other products at hand. :)
The sentiment is another stamp from my extraordinary friend in Jersey who also sent me an ovals cutting template (used for the sentiment too) - Thank you so much Sue!

Thanks everybody for looking!

11 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Mada, thank you for the lovely comment you left on my card. I love yours, the Tilda is so pretty and coloured perfectly for those great papers. Great job on the punched flowers, I think they look better than any you could buy. Good luck to you too with the challenge. Hugs, Chris

Heather "Hev" said...

Hi Mada :)
I love your card :) Such a sweet one :)I used my first Tilda recently too :)

Thanks for the tip with my card and letting me know about the DD challenge... I am a bit miffed at myself as I already did the changes before I read your message :( I think I have another of the same Tilda and will do the swing idea on that one.

Hope you are well :)

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Mada! I'm so glad you posted this morning on my blog. I don't get over to see you as often as I should, and I've made not on my blog watch to come visit more often! I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom! I'm keeping you and her in my thoughts and prayers! Take good care of yourself! Best, Curt

Karin said...

Hi Mada,

wauw this vard looks fabulous. I love the Design Papers you've used.
And those flowers are really great.
Thanks for joining the Dutch Dare.

xoxo Karin

PS: I'll be thinking of you and your mum the next couple off days, and keep my fingers crossed. Hope all goes well.
Big hugs, xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

what a cute card! I have a store about 45 min from me that just started to sell these cute girls! now I need to see how many I need to buy!

Dawn said...

Great card!

Bev said...

Love the sweet image and the gorgeous colours you have used. Fabulous!!

hugs Bev x

Risa said...

your card is adorable Mada! Tilda is colored in so pretty and your papers are very lovely!

Wendy said...

This is a lovely card
Wendy x

Andrea said...

Nice card.
xAndrea

Michele Kovack said...

What a sweet card!