Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Testing my new TAC stamps...

Due to Jana's extreme kindness and help I am now the happy owner of a few TAC (The Angel Company) stamps that arrived at my door two days ago. I was so excited with the event and couldn't wait to use them.

It was late at night and I was tired, so the card is very very simple and silly. But - YAY! - I tested some of my newest stuff and it's fantastic.
The stamps I used for the making the cardtop are "Speckle" for the background and "Swirly Gigs" for... the swirly stuff. :).
I took a piece of pastel blue textured cardstock, stamped the swirlies in blue ink then covered them with scraps of post-it notes and stamped the 'dotty' background, also in blue.
I printed the hearts backing paper - a free background I downloaded from this site - and glued it to a dark green square card (140x140 mm) then added the orange strip [it is orange orange, lighter than in shows in my scan] and the dark blue peel off (taken from a free gift that comes with Docrafts "Creativity" Magazine).

I colored the stamped designs with watercolour pencils, rounded the corners with scissors (a very 'approximately' business, but I have no punches... yet) and inked the margins. I oops!-inked one spot too much so I did a few more oopses to make it more 'original' - LOL.

One last touch - a small "THANKS" stamped with black on green and layered on a shiny dark blue strip attached with a small round pastel blue brad.

And now I was free to go to sleep knowing my duties for the evening were accomplished. :-D

Thank you for looking and have a fantastic Wednesday!


5 comments:

2 Worlds said...

I see you could not wait to use them, I'm so happy you like our stamps.
thanks Mada

Mada said...

Hee-hee, I was just writing a comment on your blog. :)
Thanks for visiting and for the adorable stamps.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous! I love your watercolouring & I think the corner rounding is really nice free-hand. I love punches, but there's something delightful about freehand work! :0)

Mada said...

Thank you so much Mel :)
I do have a "rounded corner" punch but it also punches a daisy in the corner and I didn't want to use it.
You are right, it was great fun doing it freehand.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wonderful card.
your watercoloring is really pretty and i can not believe you did such a fabulous job on hand cutting the corners!!!
love
claudia