Monday, October 13, 2008

Karin's new challenge - Christmas and Birthday Cards

A week ago, Karin opened up a new blog "Just Christmas and Birthday Cards" where she'll be posting a new sketch/layout every Monday.

We can take part in the challenge by using her sketch for making a Birthday OR Christmas card OR both. :)

There will be a monthly prize and the winner will be drawn from those who enter the challenge for more than twice each month. Not too difficult, isn't it? :)

The first sketch is this:


... but as I didn't have my glasses on when I looked at it , I saw it like this:


............................

and made this card ....


I had this cute stamp print from Karin herself (and I think it's a "Lily" by Rachelle Anne Miller) so what better use for it than to put it on a card for Karin's first challenge.

I am hoping that my card is respecting the layout (somewhat) and it's not posted too late :(

Thank you for looking and don't forget to check out the new challenge blog ;)

11 comments:

Janine said...

Thanks for visiting my site!! and thank you for the sweet compliments! This card is a great one done for the layout!!

Els G. said...

Love your card! The sketch looks great this way too!
Els
x

Heather "Hev" said...

Youve done a marvellous job Mada :)

The sketch is perfect - Its just resting ;) I am sure it will be loved!

Karin said...

Hi Mada,

beautifull card. I love the image and DP. Your colouring is great.
You are the first to flip my sketch, great job!!

xoxo Karin

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Oh SOOOOh sweet. Love your colouring and the sketch looks great on the side. You should craft without glasses more often! :O) I love the half scallop for the sentiment. How brilliant! :O)

Dana Rose said...

I love the colors. Beautiful card!

Alina said...

Surpriza!
Buna Mada, am ''trecut ''putin pe la Karin si te-am ''gasit'' acolo.
Frumoase felicitari, pot sa te intreb de unde iti procuri materialele?
Eu locuiesc de cativa ani in Olanda si vin in fiecare an acasa, in Romania, dar inca nu am gasit un magazin cu stampile sau alte materiale.
O sa te mai vizitez, pentru ca imi face mare placere sa scriu in romaneste si imi pare tare bine ca te-am gasit!

Karin said...

Hi Mada,

just a quick post from me.
Hop over to my blog there's a award waiting for you.

Hope you have a great day,
Hugs,
xoxo Karin

Allison Rankin said...

Cute...and I like that you switched up the sketch!

CraftyC said...

Your card is great, I love the colours!
Clairex

Chris said...

Well I seem to have missed this gorgeous little girl the other day Mada. She's so lovely and prettily coloured, great colours in fact, so fresh. Perfect papers too. Chris x