Sunday, October 12, 2008

Christmas experiments - Dutch Dare #18

The ladies at Dutch Dare - Card Challenges were very sweet and easy on us for Challenge #18 - all they asked was for us to make a Christmas card. I seized the opportunity and did an 'experiment' I was meaning to try for some time - heat embossing on tracing paper.

**
I don't have any vellum but plenty of tracing paper around - did I ever mention that my job consists of making technical drawings? LOL. Well, nowadays I work on the computer but still have tracing paper from when I was young(er) ;) **

My card is the simplest I could make, mostly because I was trying to 'experiment' another thing too - elaborating a pattern/template to allow me to make many quick Christmas card. Using various DPs and small embellishments you can have a lot of 'different' cards in quite a short time [there's always an emergency when Christmas is at its closest :-D ]

The stamp I used, as everybody knows by now :), is Charlotte Angel from WoJ. I chose it because it has very good outline and an angel is a perfect image for Christmas.

This is my Christmas card for Dutch Dare Challenge #18


Thank you for looking and Good Luck with the challenge everyone!

3 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

Adorable as always Mada :)
I will have to try the tracing paper idea - I LOVED that stuff in school!!!

Karin said...

Hi Mada,

what a beauty.
So clever of you to use tracing paper. Gives it a great look.
Thanks for joining the Dutch Dare Challenge.

Big hugs,
xoxo karin

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Tracing paper! You ROCK! It looks fantastic. I love that you left it un-coloured and the dp with the tree is scrumptious! Love the circles & brads too. Pure CUTEness!! :O)